10 Excellent Photography Apps for iPhone Users
There are hundreds of thousands of applications in Apple iTunes Store for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad. You can find variety of games, utilities, photo editing apps and many more. For all those photo editing fans, we have gathered a list of the some excellent iPhone apps which can be used to add different effects to your photos on your iphone.
1. Adobe Photoshop Express
Adobe Photoshop Express is one of the best applications to edit and share photos from your iPhone or iPod Touch. With Adobe Photoshop Express, users can easily add different effects, filters, borders and much more to their photos. You can even create an account on photoshop.com and upload the edited photos and videos online without wasting your device’s storage space.
- Basics: Crop, Straighten, Rotate, and Flip
- Color: Exposure, Saturation, Tint, Black and White, and Contrast
- Filters: Sketch, Soft Focus, and Sharpen
- Effects: Vibrant, Pop, Border, Vignette Blur, Warm Vintage, Rainbow, White Glow, and Soft Black and White
- Borders: Rectangle, Rounded, Oval, Soft Edge, Vignette, Rough Edge, Halftone, and Film Emulsion
Instagram is an excellent photo editing apps for iPhone which can help users add lively effects to their photos. Just take photos wherever you go and share them with your friends on Instagram and other social networks including Facebook, Twitter and many more. With few taps, transform your photos into pieces of art. You May like our article on 25 Useful Tools for Instagram
- 100% free custom designed filters and borders such as XPro-II, Earlybird and many others.
- Instant sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Tumblr, Foursquare, and Posterous
- Unlimited uploads
- Interact with friends through giving & receiving likes and comments
- Full iPhone 4 front & back camera support
- And much much more..
3. Filter Mania 2
Fitler Mania is another excellent iOS application which enable users add different filters to their photos. Other than filters you can add different frames and borders to your images.
- It is Free
- Browse filters by categories
- Create different frames and borders for your images
- New Filters are added to the application every week
4. Dash of Color
Dash of Color is another excellent application for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad which can be used to add different colors and effects to photos.
- Simple, yet refined user interface
- NEW Zoom feature!
- Undo (saves your every move from the very beginning)
- Paint in color
- Paint in black & white (to erase)
- Twitter and email integration
- Post your photos to our public gallery to share your work and see others!
FilterFX is another application which can be used to add different filters like vivid, sepia, black and white, warm and many more to your photos. And the best thing about this app is that its totally free and can be download from iTunes store.
- Free of Cost
- Add 9 different effects to your images
Photosynth is another excellent application for iPhone which enable users create panoramic photos and capture 360 degrees in all directions to create spectacular images. Later, you can share these images on different social networks like Facebook, Twitter, MySpace and many more.
- See your panorama take shape as you capture them
- Look and capture in all directions with Full-Sphere Panoramas
- Sharp, high-resolution results with the Advanced Image Stitching Engine
- Panoramas are always available to view and share from the On-Device Library
- Zoom, pan, stretch, and view in landscape or portrait with our Immersive Viewer
- Save as many panoramas as you want and view them online at PHOTOSYNTH.NET
7. BeFunky Photo Editor
Befunky Photo Editor is another useful application for iOS devices which can be used to add different effects to photos and edit them as well. You may find beautiful photography articles here. With BeFunky Photo Editor, you can edit photos, apply effects, add frames, save and share them on different social networks.
- More than 20 different filters and effects
- Editing: Crop, Rotate, Adjust Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Hue and Sharpness
- Real-time preview thumbs: Instantly see what an effect will look like on your photo.
- Saving & Sharing: Save to your camera roll, share on Facebook, Flickr and BeFunky.
8. Picture Effects Magic
Like all other applications, Picture Effects Magic can be used to add different effects to photos on iPhone. You can easily add effects to your photos, save them and share them with your friends via email, Facebook and other social networks.
- Add different effects
- Full screen support
- Save and Share images with friends
iQuicksplash is a fun app for iPhone which can be used to splash different colors to your images and convert other colors in the photo to black and white. All you have to do is open the image, select colors you want to splash and you are done.
With PhotoTouch, you can easily edit photos, resize them, apply effects, crop and rotate images, and much more.
- Edit Photos
- Resize Images
- Crop Images
- Add different Effects
- Share them on Twitter
- Password Lock
You can check out rest of the features of PhotoTouch here.
Feel free to share any other photography app which you think is good and here are some nice crunch of iphone wallpapers.
The top Selling App CAMERA+ is missed in the list. I read statistics that since launch of iPhone 4s, CAMERA+ application is selling at a rate of 1 app after every 3 seconds….Millions and millions are made by company and still continuing.
Honestly speaking, it worth spending $0.99/- for Camera+ app. love it.
Hi, thank you for sharing this great info. Was just browsing through the net in my office and happened upon your blog. It is really very well written and quit comprehensive in explaining with a very simple language.
I would add Moquu. You can take photo sequences and make them interactive. It’s lot of fun.
You can make things like this: http://www.moqu.us/m/GhS9n
Thanks for the great list! May I humbly suggest my app, Doubleshot Photo? It’s not just another filter/effects app. It’s a creative app for combining two photos into one using lots of different frame layouts. It’s fun to experiment with showing two views of your subject, it’s like cubism for photography. But it’s challenging, too.
Camera + gets my vote …tons of features and yet it’s only as complicated as you make it. Best $0.99 I’ve spent on an iOS app.
Camera+ is a pretty good one.
You should also try Snapbucket for quick, and customizable filtering (layer your own and save sets) – also on Android – http://photobucket.com/snapbucket
Wow, these are some very useful tips!
I’ve been thrilled with Camera + , easy interface with some killer results. I’m constantly say I can’t believe this came from my iPhone. Tilt – shift generator is another app that produces some great images.
You don’t mention one of the oldest, most popular and well-known photo apps on the iPhone—Hipstamatic (http://hipstamaticapp.com/)? Hard to take a list seriously when you leave major apps off of it, especially in favor of things like iQuickSplash.