50 Best Google Apps You Need To Know
Writers have to manage a lot of things to manage like note pads, sticky notes, brainstorming lists, correspondence with their clients and editors. A part from that there is always lots of material and personal documents on the desk of writers which took a lot of space and time at their home or at work place. Google keep on making things easier in order to manage all such stuff by introducing its new tools and applications in market. So for writers below some top picks for the most useful Google apps are mentioned.
For Home Office and Organization
For home office organization Google provide some great apps, that can also syncing up your Blackberry and much more.
1. Desktop: With your desktop you can search your computer. You can retrieve email, files and much more very easily and more efficiently.
2. Toolbar: The toolbar of Fire fox find suggestions for your searches, you can add buttons which provide you quick access to different web sites. You can also share web pages.
3. Google Health: This application is for those writers who manage their own health insurance. They can use it in order to organize their records, and they can learn about their health issues and much more.
4. Calendar: You can use this web-based calendar for document sharing and collaboration
5. Reader: Now easily get latest information coming from your favorite blogs and feeds with the help of Google Reader.
6. Google Sync for Blackberry: Specially made for such writers on the road: they can sync up your Google calendars and Blackberry calendar.
7. Maps: You can use maps in order to get directions to your next meeting or look up a vendor’s location.
8. Product Search: Using this product search you can shop for home office supplies and much more.
9. Ride Finder: (Removed by google) Finding taxis or any other transportation is no more any issue. So now it doesn’t matter weather you are flying to Atlanta, San Francisco or Washington DC for an interview or meeting. You should take services of ride finder.
10. Notebook: Use new Google Notebook far taking down ideas and get rid from all other sticky notes.
11. Docs: Online word processor which you can access any time and you can share changes in real time
12. Sketch Up: SketchUp is used for brainstorm and mock up a project with a co-worker.
13. Lively: Now chat in 3D virtual world with co-workers and design a project visually.
14.Blogger: With Blogger you can refer your client to your blog so that he can get updates on how you’re progressing with their project.
15.Pack: Google Pack is providing free services like Picasa uploader, Notifier for the Mac, Desktop, Google Earth and more.
Tools for your Website or Blog
Blog of a writer is indeed vital to expanding his or her brand, where he can advertise services and other updates. You can use these apps to make the most of your online space.
16. Google Code Search: You can use this search engine if you’re looking for code licenses and public source files.
17. Blogger Mobile: With this app you can post to your Blogger blog from your phone.
18. Feedburner: Make money by using FeedBurner Ad Network. It will help you to market your content, analyze your blog’s traffic and audience.
19. Sites: Create your own website for your own organization by using sites.
20. OpenSocial: If you want to create developer-friendly social applications for your websites you can use Open Social apps.
21.Google Checkout: It’s a payment service which you can add to your site. It makes easier for your clients to pay your invoices.
22.Trends: Use trend and compare search terms and figure out what people are looking for online. After that, you can customize your site according to those trends..
Time Savers:These applications are made to save your precious time while searching and when you’re on the go.
24. Google Chrome: You will find this beta browser more speedy and more secure than before. So while using Google Chrome you can connect to your favorite sites at a faster rate.
25. SMS for your phone: Get your business listings, stock quotes and all other random information which would be sent to your phone by text message.
26.Special Searches: Use special searches in order to save your time on research and find only what actually you want.
Creativity:Following Google apps are designed to boost up your creativity.
27. Picasa: Picasa is a photo manager and organizer that would be used for inspiration, It provide more dimension to your written pieces and you can also share photos with friends and family.
28.Photos Screensaver:Removed by google Use Photos screensavers to inspire your current projects. Your projects will pop up whenever you go idle.
Want to stay connected with colleagues, clients, editors, agents and even friends and family, use following Google apps and makes your communication easier.
29. Talk: Now get connected around all over the world.Google Talk supports IM and VoIP so you can connect with contacts all over the world very easily.
30. Google Groups: Keep track of your projects or keep up with your family via Google Groups.
31. Orkut: Orkut is a social media web site where you can share videos and photos and get connect with your co-workers or friends. It also provide facility of instant messaging.
32. Grand Central: Syncs up all your communication tools with Grand Central. Now only with one number rings all your phones, just one voicemail box keeps your messages organized; you can also save all your contacts in address book.
33. Language Tools: With this application you can translate text from primary sources. Language tools also play an important role in order to expand your customer and vendor base.
34. GOOG 411: Use Goog411 and get Connected with businesses and vendors without wasting your phone minutes.
35. Gmail: Gmail is the mail service provided by Google with tons of space available for your files and they are easily searchable.
36.Google Mobile: Those writers who have to visit different places or who are not always at home and can not always site near there computer should use this Google mobile tool.
37.Friend Connect: This app allows you to implement social tools inside your website.This encourage visitors to comment and hence become more engaged.
38.Transit: With the help of Google Transit, it is easier for you to get connected with vendors, clients, editors and even more. It also enables you to find public transportation stops in your area and across all over the country.
Branding and Business
Use Google apps to increase your business and develop your own brand.
39. AdWords: AdWords is an online advertising tool made for your blog.
40. Alerts: You cab set Google Alerts for yourself in order to keep tabs on who is publishing you and similarly who is reviewing you.
41. Google Grants: If you qualify for this system of in-kind advertising or if you are doing little writing for a non profit on the side then use Google Grants.
42.Knol: Share and build up authoritative posts and reviews at Knol, it is a way to market yourself.
43. Base: Use Base to submit content or services. It works on the slogan “make them as easy as possible for people to find when they search.”
Reference tools are free to use and you can connect with the information you need at a faster rate.
44. Blog Search: Use this tool and narrow your search to find material from blogs.
45. Book Search: Now there is no need to do your research in a library. Book Search enables you to find quotations, inspiration and much more in fiction and non-fiction books.
46. Scholar: Use this tool and limit your searches to scholarly material
47. Video: Search online videos on a very simple and clear platform with this application.
48. Directory: Directory organizes pages into different categories, that would be great for your initial search.
49. Finance: Google Finance is a great social, political and economic indicator which gives inspiration and also works as fact checker. This tool can also be used for organizing your own investments.
50. News Archive Search:Google News Archive Search display results in a time line. Hence by using this application you can better organize your research results.