How to promote mobile apps effectively?
So finally, you managed to convert your ideas into working mobile app. You have officially launched it and are waiting for your first thousand of downloads. But weeks are passing by, and you are nowhere near your expectations. Do you know why? Because you did not have any promotion strategy. There are so many apps in the market right now that people are unable to try every application available on the market. That’s why you need to be more visible than your competitors. And, one of the possibilities of doing that is by promoting your app. There are many ways you can do that, but I will try to list only the most effective techniques that could be used to promote mobile apps effectively.
10 ways to market your app
1. Start a blog. Writing a blog could be a very effective marketing strategy to promote your app. You can share news about your niche, your products, and development process of your app.
2. Optimize your app for ranking high in app stores. Ranking high could mean thousands of organic downloads a day. Optimize your title, description, and images to be more visible. If you want even better results, you can partner with app store optimization company which will do the job for you.
3. Guest blogging. Developing your own blog could be quite expensive and time-consuming. Instead, you can partner with other blogs in your niche and post articles there. Usually, owners allow putting some links to your personal website, so this could not only be a good promotion but even an improvement for the SEO.
4. Social media. Social media has become a huge force in marketing. Participating on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram is a must for every brand. Don’t waste this opportunity. Just choose channels that suite your brand best and actively participate in them.
5. Create promo videos. Video marketing could be another effective technique to promote your mobile app. People are more willing to watch entertaining videos than reading boring texts. Even Facebook are putting lots of effort into developing a perfect environment for videos. And, if you are lucky enough, your video might even go viral.
6. Create QR code. QR codes could provide a very quick access to your app location. And, you can use those codes everywhere. Put them on stickers, posters, advertisements or any other printed material.
7. Giveaways and coupons. If you are promoting paid apps, then contests and coupons with discount could be just the right strategy for you. People love getting something for free or with discount. Especially, if it is a totally new product which they haven’t tested yet.
8. Ask for app reviews. There are many blogs and websites whose purpose is to review apps. Maybe it might be difficult to get a review from the big ones, but you can definitely find some decent blogs to work with.
9. Create and grow your subscriber list. Having a list is one of the main goals for every business. If people subscribe to your newsletter, it means they are interested in what you are offering. If they are interested, then there is a good opportunity to sell something to them.
10. Paid advertising. This is one of the most expensive marketing channels. However, if used wisely, it could provide extraordinary results. You can choose many different places where you can advertise: Google Adwords, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Just choose the ones your targeted audience likes most.
These tips should help you reach much better results with your app. You do not need to do all the things mentioned above because it might be impossible to handle everything alone. Better choose one or two and concentrate only on them. However, if you are a really busy person or you are not very good at this, you can always partner with companies offering marketing service. If you have no idea which ones are reliable, our recommendation would be ASOTop1 that offers the best app store optimization service and guides. They will analyze your mobile app and optimize everything to help you rank high in App Store.
Making your app rank high might not be as easy as it looks like at first sight. Very often it takes a lot of effort to reach the expectations. If you have an unlimited budget, then things get a lot easier, but if you are tight on money, you’ll have to work very hard to successfully promote your mobile app.